Premium Solver Platform
The famous Simplex method for linear programming is used in the standard Excel Solver and many other optimization software packages. The developers of the standard Excel Solver now offer a much more powerful Simplex Solver built into their flagship product for conventional optimization, Premium Solver Platform.
Premium Solver Platform is a powerful, comprehensive optimization package that every linear programmer needs to have in his or her arsenal. Here’s why:
Premium Solver Platform:
Employs State-of-the-Art Simplex Technology
- Handles up to 8,000 variables and 8,000 constraints -- upgradeable to millions of variables and constraints -- by using an extended LP / Quadratic version of the Primal and Dual Simplex method.
- Automatically selects the best presolve strategy, Simplex method, pricing method, and pivoting strategy, and uses robust methods to automatically handle degenerate models.
Solves Optimization Problems Much Faster than Excel Solver.
- Linear Programming Problems can often be solved 10 to 20 times faster, depending on the complexity of your model.
- Linear Mixed-Integer Problems can often be solved 50 to 200 times faster or more.
- Non-Linear Problems can be solved much faster, depending on the complexity of your model and the types of functions you use.
Solves New Types of Optimization Problems.
- Can automatically transform models with Excel functions such as IF, AND, OR, NOT, MIN, MAX into linear mixed-integer models for faster solution.
- Includes a special Solver for Second Order Cone Programming (SOCP) models -- the natural generalization of linear and quadratic programming.
The Compatible Upgrade for the standard Excel Solver.
- Premium Solver Platform is 100% upward compatible with the Solver in Excel, that Frontline Systems originally developed for Microsoft.
- Existing spreadsheet models and VBA macros designed for the standard Excel Solver with work as-is with Premium Solver Platform.
- All optimization models are created within the Excel spreadsheet environment. Familiarity with Excel means a very short learning curve with Premium Solver Platform.
Automatically Determines Whether a Model is Linear or Non-Linear.
- Analyzes your model and can point out formulas that make a model non-linear or non-smooth.
- Analyzes model convexity, the key property that makes it possible to solve a model quickly and to very large size.
Makes It Much Easier to Solve Optimization Problems Spread Across Multiple Worksheets.
- It is no longer necessary to keep all decision variables and constraint left-hand sides on the active worksheet, as must be done with the standard Excel Solver.
Has a Winning Track Record With Thousands of Users Over Many Years.
- Frontline Solvers have been proven in use by nearly 200,000 users.
- Over 5,000 companies, many of them Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 firms, are Frontline Systems’ customers.
- Frontline Systems’ software is the overwhelming favorite tool in its field for teaching these methods to MBA students in thousands of universities throughout the world.
Register below to download and run the SolverSetup program that installs Premium Solver Platform and Risk Solver Platform with a free 15-day trial license. You can use every feature of the software, solve real problems, examine the full User Guide and Help, and get expert technical support -- all without any obligation. You can download immediately, or return later for your free trial.
Learn more about Premium Solver, Premium Solver Platform, and Risk Solver Platform.
Compare features of our advanced Solvers for Excel.