Premium Solver Platform
Premium Solver Platform is a comprehensive package of high-performance tools that will help you optimally allocate inputs to your production process in order to reduce costs or increase profits. See example models to learn how you can maximize profits by optimally allocating raw materials or inventory to the right machines or production lines, to produce the most profitable products while satisfying constraints on material, labor, and other elements of production.
Premium Solver Platform works in Excel, is 100% upward compatible from the standard Excel Solver, and is your best choice for optimization problems such as cutting stock applications. Here’s why:
Premium Solver Platform:
Maximizes Product Mix Profitability or Minimizes Total Cost.
- You can create a model in Excel -- or follow our example models -- to find the most profitable or least costly allocation of product mix inputs that meets all the constraints you impose on product inputs or the final product mix output. This type of model is normally a linear programming problem, easily solved by Premium Solver Platform.
Solves Much Larger Product Mix Problems than Excel Solver.
- Solves linear programming problems up to 8,000 variables. (That’s 40 times the capacity of the standard Excel Solver.)
- Solves problems with integer constraints up to 2,000 variables (10 times the capacity of the Excel Solver).
- Plug-in Solver Engines for Premium Solver Platform can solve linear programming problems with an unlimited number of variables. If one is needed, you can try out the Large-Scale LP/QP Solver, MOSEK Solver, XPRESS Solver, and Gurobi Solver free of charge, and choose the one that best fits your needs.
The Compatible Upgrade for the standard Excel Solver.
- Premium Solver Platform is 100% upward compatible with the Solver in Excel, which Frontline Systems originally developed for Microsoft.
- Existing spreadsheet models and VBA macros designed for the standard Excel Solver with work as-is with Premium Solver Platform.
- All optimization models are created within the Excel spreadsheet environment. Familiarity with Excel means a very short learning curve with Premium Solver Platform.
- Optimization models in Premium Solver Platform can span multiple worksheets, with decision variables and constraints on any worksheet.
Solves Optimization Problems Much Faster than Excel Solver.
- Linear Programming Problems can often be solved 10 to 20 times faster, depending on the complexity of your model.
- Linear Mixed-Integer Problems can often be solved 50 to 200 times faster or more.
- Non-Linear Problems can be solved much faster, depending on the complexity of your model and the types of functions you use.
Has a Winning Track Record With Thousands of Users Over Many Years.
- Frontline Solvers have been proven in use by nearly 200,000 users.
- Over 5,000 companies, many of them Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 firms, are Frontline Systems’ customers.
- Frontline Systems’ software is the overwhelming favorite tool in its field for teaching these methods to MBA students in thousands of universities throughout the world.
Register below to download and run the RSPSetup program that installs Premium Solver Platform and Risk Solver Platform with a free 15-day trial license. You can use every feature of the software, solve real problems, examine the full User Guide and Help, and get expert technical support -- all without any obligation. You can download immediately, or return later for your free trial.