Save time, simplify your life, and enrich the learning experience.
Frontline Solvers are the clear #1 choice of leading universities and textbook authors around the world to teach and learn business analytics: optimization, simulation, decision analysis, and data mining.
This page contains information on how:
- Enrolled students can obtain Analytic Solver Desktop or Cloud version for your course
- Professors can set up a Course Code so their students can access the software, and
- Professors considering adopting our software for their course can learn more.
Students: Need to Access Analytic Solver Software for your Course?
When you receive a Course Code from your instructor, you can register to obtain Analytic Solver Basic Desktop or Cloud version, which also comes with installation and technical support to help you get started quickly. Unfortunately, we can’t help you with your homework…
Note: it is important that you visit this student registration page to ensure you get the correct version of our software for your course. Do not download our free 15 day commercial trial version since after 15 days it will no longer work for you.
Professors: Ask us to Create a Course Code specific for your Course
If you’ve already adopted a textbook using our software for your course, but don’t yet have a Textbook Code or Course Code so your students can download the software, simply email us at email@example.com, or call 775-831-0300 (country code 01), press 0, and ask for the academic coordinator.
Considering Adopting Analytic Solver Software for your Class?
Take advantage of the unbeatable combination of our Analytic Solver Basic (also called Analytic Solver Platform for Education or ASPE, the successor to Risk Solver Platform for Education) software and new editions of management science textbooks and classroom materials from leading authors – designed for each other. Now you can teach with the leading optimization, simulation, decision analysis, and data mining software, use the leading textbooks, and get world-class tech support for you, your IT staff and your students – all at great academic prices.
You can visit our Academic Program Overview page to learn more. Of course, you can also contact us to discuss your specific needs and get your own free evaluation license. You'll see why so many leading universities and textbook authors have adopted our software.
Analytic Solver Basic for Teaching
We offer a special education version of our market-leading Analytic Solver software with all the power of our commercial version and some very reasonable problem size limits. Like our flagship commercial product, this education version is fully upward compatible from the Excel Solver and Premium Solver, and includes:
- All the power of our industrial-strength optimization product Analytic Solver Optimization (formerly Premium Solver Platform),
- All the capabilities of our Monte Carlo simulation and stochastic optimization tool Analytic Solver Simulation (formerly Risk Solver Platform),
- All the capabilities of our forecasting and data mining tool Analytic Solver Data Mining (formerly XLMiner Platform), and
- Sensitivity analysis, decision trees, and a special version of the Gurobi Solver – the world’s best LP/QP/MIP Solver.
With Analytic Solver Basic You Can Teach and Learn With:
- Leading textbooks and software designed for each other. Several leading textbooks use our software exclusively, simplifying the classroom experience and reducing support required by your school’s IT department.
- Flexible pricing and licensing which works with your budget. We offer very aggressive academic pricing designed to allow your school to more easily offer our industry leading tools.
- Unified teaching of optimization, simulation, decision analysis, and data mining. With one program you can teach the full range of concepts minimizing the time spent learning the software and maximizing the time spent learning key concepts and how to solve real problems.
- Upward compatible from Excel Solver and Premium Solver. As the leading choice for business analytics in academia Analytic Solver Basic provides a smooth upgrade experience so all your existing models and examples will continue to work but your students will be learning on the latest tools they will see in business.
Recent editions of Cliff Ragsdale’s textbook Spreadsheet Modeling and Decision Analysis, the Powell & Baker’s book Management Science: The Art of Modeling with Spreadsheets, and Camm, Cochran, Fry and Ohlmann's Essentials of Business Analytics use Analytic Solver Basic.
For you, all three textbooks come with teaching aids such as PowerPoint slides and videos, answers to exercises and more.
We offer dedicated technical support for you when teaching with our software, for your school’s IT staff dealing with lab machines and campus networks, and for your students during installation.
Our goal is to get you and your class up and running quickly and easily, so you can focus on teaching modeling concepts rather than software technical issues. We can even provide temporary license codes for models that exceed RSPE size limits.
Contact us to discuss your needs, see why so many leading universities and textbook authors have adopted our software, and get your own free evaluation license.