Thank you for using Frontline's XLMiner data mining software. There is a major upgrade (V2015) of XLMiner available for download. For a summary of enhancements in this upgrade, see What's New in Frontline Solvers V2015. Note that in V2014 and V2015, XLMiner's internal data mining algorithms are up to 100 times faster, and writing reports as Excel worksheets is also many times faster.
These instructions are ONLY for commercial customers with current Annual Support.
Students using our Solver Platform for Education: Avoid problems, DO NOT follow these
instructions; instead, go to www.solver.com/student and follow the instructions there.
Note: XLMiner is now installed by the SolverSetup program; the XLMinerSetup program is no longer used. SolverSetup can install any of eight products, including XLMiner Pro, new XLMiner Platform, and our new top-of-the-line product Analytic Solver Platform, which includes all the power of Risk Solver Platform for optimization and simulation, and all the power of XLMiner for forecasting and data mining. If you'd like to evaluate Analytic Solver Platform, please contact us at 775-831-0300 or email email@example.com.
Install this upgrade ONLY if you are current on Annual Support.
You will need a V2015 license code to run this upgrade, which is free for users with current Annual Support. If Annual Support for one or more of your Frontline products has lapsed, simply contact us today at 775-831-0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can confirm your support status and explain the easy steps to catch up on support at the lowest available pricing.
1. Download your upgrade
- If you aren't currently logged in to Solver.com, enter your username or email address, and your
password in the form below.
- Click the button to proceed immediately to the Download page, and follow the instructions there.
- Follow Step 2 before you run the Setup program.
2. Get your new license
If you have a flex use license (where more than one person uses a single license stored on a remote server) please contact us at 775-831-0300 or contact email@example.com for the appropriate license code.
Otherwise (most people): Visit My Account and click the License Keys tab to get your unique license activation code(s) for XLMiner V2015. (If you don't see a V2015 activation code, wait 24 hours or contact us.)
3. Install your upgrade
- When you run the SolverSetup program, enter your new license activation code when prompted.
- You can also do this later in Excel by choosing Help - License Code and pasting the code into the Activation Code field near the top of the dialog box.
This is a 100% compatible upgrade. Your existing models and VBA code will work as-is.
What's New in V2015
For a summary of enhancements in V2015, see What's New in Frontline Solvers V2015. This release includes XLMiner Platform, an upgrade from XLMiner Pro, where almost all limits on dataset size are removed. Its capacity and performance rivals the best-known statistical software packages.
- New features in XLMiner Platform V2015 include powerful text mining, ensemble methods for classification and regression trees as well as neural networks, with boosting, bagging and "random forest" combination algorithms.
- New features in both XLMiner Platform V2015 and XLMiner Pro V2015 include feature selection methods, "partition-on-the-fly" for all classification and prediction methods, ROC curves for classification and RROC curves for prediction algorithms, variable "screening" for collinearity and sparsity in multiple linear regression and logistic regression, and confidence intervals and prediction intervals in multiple regression.
We highly recommend this upgrade -- please contact us at 775-831-0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or need any assistance please contact us:
- During USA business hours, click the Live Chat link in the upper right corner of any page of Solver.com.
- Call us at +1 775-831-0300 and press 3 for customer service and license codes; as a backup press 0.
- Send email to email@example.com -- this goes into our Help Desk system, where multiple people can respond.