Quickly Develop High Performance Simulation and Optimization Applications with Your Favorite Tools, Saving Time, Grief and Money for Your Company!
If you're a reasonably proficient programmer using Visual Basic or C/C++, VB.NET or C#, or Java or MATLAB, you've come to the right place for optimization and simulation software! For more than 15 years, corporate developers and other software companies have relied on Frontline Systems Solvers in "callable library" form. From departmental applications with a few users to high volume commercial products with hundreds of thousands or millions of users (as in Mathcad and Microsoft Excel), Frontline Solvers have been proven in use.
- Solver SDK Platform -- Our Best Seller
- Plug-in Solver Engines for Large-Scale Problems
- SDK and Solver Engine Licensing for Deployment
The best way to learn more is to register on Solver.com (it's free), so you can:
- Download a free 15-day Trial Version of Solver SDK Platform, or any of our other products
- Download our Solver User Guides -- learn more about the SDK and how to build better models
- Access "protected" Tech Support pages and downloadable example models
Our "flagship" product for developers is the Solver SDK Platform. It may well be all you need, because it can handle every type of optimization and simulation problem up to certain size limits:
- Linear and quadratic programming problems up to 8,000 variables
- Conic and mixed-integer programming problems up to 2,000 variables
- Smooth nonlinear, global, and nonsmooth optimization problems up to 500 variables
- And a powerful new Solver for Monte Carlo simulation applications!
Given the breadth and depth of its optimization capabilities alone, the SDK would be a great product. But there's much more! Other "callable library" optimizers emphasize fast solution times, but they can be difficult to use for a developer who doesn't have a PhD in operations research. In contrast, the Solver SDK Platform emphasizes ease of use and fast development times! The SDK features:
- A new object-oriented API that helps you work at a higher level -- closer to a modeling language than a programming language.
- Deep support for .NET (VB.NET, C# and C++), COM (Visual Basic and C++), Java, and MATLAB.
- Easy-to-use Wizards in Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic and Visual C++ -- Answer a few questions, and create a working application in minutes!
- IntelliSense -- Visual Studio shows you available choices and completes program statements for you as you type!
- XML-based Balloon Help in Visual Studio .NET -- just hover your mouse over a program statement to get hints and assistance!
For Intranet, Web Server, or Web service applications, the Solver SDK Platform is ideal -- it's thread-safe, supporting multiple sessions concurrently; it's very high performance; and it offers Flexible Use Runtime licenses that don't require tracking of named users or client computers. And it's easier than you think -- you can use Visual Studio-supplied Wizards with the SDK's Wizards to create a working Web server or Web service application in minutes!
Click here for more specific Solver SDK Platform Product Information.
If your optimization problem is likely to exceed the size limits of the Solver SDK Platform for the type of problem you want to solve, then you'll want to choose a Solver Engine that handles larger-scale problems of that specific type.
Even if your problem fits within the size limits of the Solver SDK Platform, you may find that you can obtain much faster solutions with one of our large-scale Solver Engines. It makes sense to choose a Solver Engine that uses algorithms or methods most efficient for your type of problem, especially if the problem is larger size.
For more information on Solver Engines for specific types of optimization problems, click on one of the links below:
- Linear Programming Problems
- Quadratic Programming Problems
- Integer and Constraint Programming Problems
- Smooth Nonlinear Optimization Problems
- Global Optimization Problems
- Nonsmooth Optimization Problems
Note: Every Frontline Systems Solver product will handle problems with integer variables, including variables subject to the "alldifferent" constraint. If your problem involves many such variables, however, you may find much faster solutions using the Solver Engines found through the link "Integer and Constraint Programming Problems" above.
Do you plan to deploy your application to users within your organization, or to external customers? Frontline's runtime licenses give you the right to embed the Solver SDK Platform or the Premium Solver Platform and -- if required -- one or more of our Solver Engines into your application and duplicate or distribute copies, or make the application accessible to users on an Intranet or Web server, or via a Web service. And our runtime license management options make it easy to monitor and control use of the software, using either Frontline-provided tools or your own tools.
If you need only one of the Solver SDK Platform's five Solvers -- or just one of our plug-in Solver Engines -- for deployment, you can still develop with the Solver SDK Platform. Runtime licenses allow you to pay for only the Solver features you need in your application; they can be matched to your method of licensing or controlling use of your application software. Click to find out more about SDK and Solver Engine runtime licensing.