Data Visualization, Data Mining, PowerPivot, Integration
In July 2011, Frontline Systems Inc. acquired all rights to XLMiner from Cytel Corporation and Statistics.com LLC. In January 2013 in our V12.5 product release, XLMiner was integrated into our flagship product Analytic Solver Platform, and is now available alone or as part of ASP, our total solution for predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Data Visualization – Beyond Excel Charts
Excel has traditionally included extensive tools for creating charts and graphs, but these were designed primarily for presentation, not for exploration and visualization of complex inter-relationships in multivariate data. Now in XLMiner V12.5, you can easily explore and visualize your data direcly in Excel.
- Use our Chart Wizard, or create new charts with a single click -- then change axes and colors, or create multi-panel charts with one more click.
- With multiple linked charts, you can select data points of interest in one chart, see the same point highlighted in other charts, and see the actual data values in a side window.
- Easily filter your data with simple sliders and checkboxes. Use your mouse to zoom in on a part of a chart, and zoom back out.
- Create multi-variable displays like a scatterplot matrix or parallel coordinates chart, with a single click.
Work with 'Big Data' using XLMiner's New PowerPivot Support
Do you want to apply data mining methods to very large datasets, or multiple datasets from different sources? Yes, you CAN do this in Excel, with Analytic Solver Platform or XLMiner V12.5 and Microsoft's PowerPivot add-in!
PowerPivot for Excel (www.powerpivot.com) is a free add-in from Microsoft’s SQL Server group that brings a powerful database engine into memory with Excel. It handles up to hundreds of millions of rows of data in Excel. What's more, PowerPivot makes it easy to integrate data from multiple disparate data sources – including Microsoft’s Window Azure Data Marketplace, with a huge array of publicly available datasets – into one, potentially quite large, in-memory relational database.
In V12.5, we've extended XLMiner's "sample from database" facility to sample from the in-memory database maintained by PowerPivot. So you can explore, visualize, and build a data mining model for any sort of data that you can bring into Excel through PowerPivot!
Supports Excel 2013 and the New PowerPivot
Unlike earlier XLMiner versions and many other Excel add-ins, XLMiner V12.5 works with new Excel 2013, and with the new version of PowerPivot included 'in the box' with Excel 2013.
What you can do next
- Learn more about the features and benefits of XLMiner
- Download a free trial or update (requires that you are logged in)
- Renew expiring licenses or buy new ones by calling (775-831-0300) or emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can learn more about all of our products on the Products Overview page.